The Medicare Annual Enrollment Period is back, which means it’s time for you to see if there is a Medicare option that better suits your needs and budget. From October 15th to December 7th each year is the only time you can make changes to your Medicare coverage, so make sure you take advantage of this time! To help you do so, we’ve given some tips to help guide you to more savings, more coverage, and free help.
Changes You Can Make During the AEP
If you do decide that you want to change your plan, you need to know what changes you can make during the AEP. You can:
- Switch from Original Medicare (Parts A and B) to a Medicare Advantage Plan
- Switch from a Medicare Advantage Plan back to Original Medicare, as well as enroll in Part D or a Medicare Supplement Plan alongside Original Medicare when you switch
- Switch your current Medicare Advantage Plan to a different one
- Switch from a Medicare Advantage Plan that includes drug coverage to one that does not
- Switch from a Medicare Advantage Plan that does not have drug coverage to one that does
Now that you know what you can do during the AEP, let’s take a look at ways you can be prepared to make the most of it:
- Don’t wait until the deadline to make decisions! This is one of the worst things you can do, because not only will you feel rushed to make a decision, but you may end up missing out on savings, such as subsidies that you might qualify for.
- Talk to your doctors and make sure they will accept Medicare in the coming year. Providers can join and leave a plan’s provider network at any time during the year, which could leave you scrambling to find a new doctor that does accept Medicare. If you talk to your doctor in advance, you can begin looking for a new doctor (that you like) who does accept Medicare.
- Review your Annual Notice of Change (ANOC), which you should have gotten in the mail this fall. This document lists any upcoming changes to your plan’s coverage, cost, or service area. Make sure that any changes to your plan work in your favor; if they don’t, it might be time to begin searching for a new plan. The best way to do this is to compare plans with a knowledgeable EZ agent.
- Make a list of all the prescription drugs that you take and check if they will be covered by your current plan in the new year. If not, look for a plan that will cover all your medications.
- Working with a reputable EZ agent is a must if you want to find the most savings and the best plans that will provide the coverage you need. Researching and comparing plans from different companies can be time-consuming, confusing, and overwhelming. EZ agents work with the top-rated companies in the nation and can compare quotes within seconds.
Compare & Find the Perfect Plan Early
The best way to prepare for the Medicare Annual Enrollment Period is to begin comparing plans from different companies. This allows you to digest all of your available options and gives you the power to choose the best one for you.
Not only will an EZ agent help you with this, but our services come at no cost to you because we just want to help you save money so you can focus on your health. To get free instant quotes on plans that cover your doctors, simply enter your zip code in the bar above, or to speak to a local licensed agent, call 888-753-7207.