For many people, there’s no getting around having a car for all of those everyday tasks, like grocery shopping, getting to work or school, or meeting up with friends. But with car ownership comes risk, so you need to make sure you are protected in case of an accident. If you drive without insurance, and are in an accident, you will have to pay for any repairs and, if the accident is your fault, you could be sued and end up losing everything you’ve worked so hard to earn. In addition, it is important to note that auto insurance is mandated by most states, and if you drive without it, you will face a hefty fine, and could lose your license.
To avoid all of this, you need a good auto insurance policy. There are many affordable plans available that will protect your car, your finances, and your passengers. Not to mention, some companies offer discounts for safe drivers that can cut costs up to 40%!
How To Get The Best Rates
One of the biggest mistakes people make when buying auto insurance is assuming that one particular company is the cheapest or the best based on branding, or other peoples experiences. What is cheaper for someone in one state might be expensive for another in a different state, what is cheaper for your neighbor might even be more expensive for you. This is because each insurance company evaluates personal factors in its own way. Everything from your location to the color of your car will change your potential rates.
The best way to ensure the best possible rates for you and your situation is to compare multiple car insurance companies. Comparing multiple car insurance companies will allow you to see how each company evaluates your situation, what bundles are available for your situation, and lets you take advantage of any discounts companies offer in your area. This allows you to understand the different advantages of each company, giving you the power to bargain and get the best rate. Below are some of the top insurance companies with discounts available in your area. Make sure you always compare multiple quotes before signing up anywhere.
What Coverage Do You Really Need?
When searching for an auto insurance plan, you need to know the different types of policies available. It’s important to note that you don’t have to choose just one type of policy – you can add multiple types together so that you are fully protected. You will definitely need at least one of these types of policies, but it is a good idea to look into all of them. There are so many situations that you could end up in, and you need to consider the answer to questions like: What if you have passengers who get hurt while in your car? Will they be covered? Can they sue you? What if your car is totaled and you owed money on it? Will you still have to keep paying for a car you don’t even have anymore? What if something other than another car hits your car? Or what if you get stuck on the side of the road with a flat tire?
When looking at auto insurance consider one or more of these policies:
- Comprehensive- Just one big windstorm could mean broken tree limbs and a smashed car roof or windshield. This policy, also known as “other than collision,” covers damage to your vehicle caused by an incident other than a collision, such as fire, vandalism, theft, hail, fallen trees, and more.
- Collision- Collisions are the most common type of auto insurance claim, so this is a very important policy. It covers expenses related to the damage or destruction of your vehicle after an accident with another vehicle or other object, such as a tree or guardrail, even if it is you who’s at fault!
- Liability– We all try to be as careful as we can be when driving, but anyone can make mistakes. This type of policy covers expenses related to injury, death, or property damage when you are at fault.
- Roadside Assistance– Worried about getting stranded somewhere? With this policy, you can have peace of mind knowing that you can call for roadside help, such as tire changes and jump-starts. This policy covers you whether you are in your car, or you or a family member are in someone else’s car.
- Gap Coverage– Losing your car is bad enough, but it can be especially distressing if you still have to make payments on it. Having this policy will help pay any difference between the amount that you owe on your car and your car’s cash value if it is totaled or stolen.
- Uninsured Motorist- If you are in an accident caused by an uninsured driver, this type of coverage will help pay for damages and medical expenses for you and your passengers.
- Rental Reimbursement– This policy covers the cost of renting a car while your car is in the shop getting fixed.
- Bodily Injury– Auto insurance can cover more than just vehicle repairs. This policy covers costs, such as medical bills and loss of income, associated with injuries or death that you or another driver causes while driving your car.
Everyone loves saving money, and with auto insurance, there are tons of ways to help keep costs down. Some insurance companies offer:
- Safe driver discounts
- Good student discounts for teens who are in school
- New vehicle discounts
- Family discounts
- Length of membership discounts
Some companies even offer accident forgiveness, which means that your rates will not go up after you have an accident.
Below you will find the top auto insurance companies in the nation that are offering auto insurance discounts local to you, all of which offer hassle-free assistance, online quotes, and the most competitive rates. Always check multiple sites to make sure you know the different advantages of each company. Make sure that an accident isn’t made harder by a financial burden, check your auto insurance rates today.