Is Medicare Plan G Right For You?

When you enroll in Medicare, you will find that there are actually quite a few out-of-pocket expenses associated with it. Part A has an annual deductible, as does Part B; Part B also has a monthly premium, and will only cover 80% of your medical expenses, leaving you to pay the remaining 20% out of pocket. If you’re living on a fixed  income, as many older adults are, and if you have a chronic condition that needs ongoing treatment, that 20% can really add up. But there is a way that you can save money on medical expenses: a Medicare Supplement Plan. 

Medicare Supplement Plan F was the most popular plan, but now that it is no longer offered to new Medicare beneficiaries, Medicare Supplement Plan G has quickly become the most popular plan. So is Medicare Supplement Plan G right for your needs? EZ can help you determine if it is;  if it is not, we can find another Medicare Supplement Plan that will better suit your needs.

silhouettes of two older people with hands over them touching fingers making a roof
Plan G will help cover the costs of skilled nursing facilities’ coinsurance.

Medicare Supplement Plan G Benefits

Medicare Supplement Plan G has grown in popularity because the benefits it offers are most similar to those of Plan F; it is the most cost-effective plan with the highest level of coverage. Plan G covers:

  • Part A hospital coinsurance and hospital expenses for up to 365 days after Original Medicare benefits are exhausted
  • Part A hospice care coinsurance or copayment
  • Part A deductible
  • Part B coinsurance or copayment
  • Part B excess charges
  • First three pints of blood
  • Skilled nursing facility care coinsurance 
  • Limited foreign travel emergency medical care

Medicare Supplement Plan G is a good fit if you want a lower monthly premium, as long as you are able to pay the Part B deductible ($203 in 2021). Once you meet that deductible, your Plan G will provide full coverage for all the gaps in Original Medicare. For example, if you had to go to the hospital, you could be looking at a $1,480 hospital deductible, which would be covered by Plan G. Plan G will also cover the 20% out-of-pocket expenses that Part B does not cover. If you are looking to save money, especially if you have a condition that requires you to go to the doctor often, then Medicare Supplement Plan G is perfect for you. 

Need More Information?

There are 10 different Medicare Supplement Plans to choose from, including a Medicare Supplement Plan G high deductible plan. You can save hundreds, even thousands of dollars when you sign up for a Medicare Supplement Plan, especially Part G, which is the only plan that covers Part B excess charges. If you are interested in getting more information, or want to compare the different Medicare Supplement Plans, EZ.Insure can help.older Caucasian woman with a yellow cardigan on holding money in her hand with the other hand pumped up

EZ can instantly compare all Medicare Supplement Plans available in your area in minutes. Because we have access to many insurance companies in the country that offer Medicare Supplement Plans, we can find the plan that best suits your needs and has competitive rates, whether it is a Medicare Supplement Plan G, or another Medicare Supplement Plan that offers slightly less coverage and a lower premium. We aim to help you save as much money as possible, because medical coverage should not be something to stress about when you are retired. 

To get free instant quotes, simply enter your zip code in the bar above, or to speak directly with one of our trained licensed agents, call 888-753-7207.

About The Author: Cassandra Love

With over a decade of helpful content experience Cassandra has dedicated her career to making sure people have access to relevant, easy to understand, and valuable information. After realizing a huge knowledge gap Cassandra spent years researching and working with health insurance companies to create accessible guides and articles to walk anyone through every aspect of the insurance process.
Follow us for more:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *