Not happy with your health insurance plan? Looking to make a change during this year’s Open Enrollment Period? Well, now is the time to make the switch to a plan that better suits your needs – you only have from November 1st to December 15th to do so! But we get it, health insurance can be complicated and it can be confusing trying to figure out which plan to choose: there are so many plans from so many different insurance carriers, so you might not even know where to begin. So to make the process easier for you, we’ve laid out what to look for and how to execute the switch.
Reasons To Switch Plans
There are a number of reasons why you might want to switch plans during the Open Enrollment Period, including:
- Changes to your plan’s network– Every year, there will be changes made to your health insurance plan, including to your network of doctors and specialists. This means doctors that you might have been going to for a long time might no longer be in your network, and if you choose to continue seeing them, you will have to pay a lot more out-of-pocket.
- You are moving– If you are moving, your current health insurance plan might not work in the area you are moving to, so you will have to find a new plan and doctor.
- Your family situation has changed– If you are adding a family member to your plan or if you have lost a family member, you’ll need a plan with more or less coverage.
- You’re not happy with your coverage– If you’re looking to save some money, you might want to look for a plan with less coverage, or if you feel that your plan doesn’t offer enough coverage for you and your family, you’ll want to look for one with more benefits.
Things To Keep In Mind When Switching Plans
Before you make a decision to switch plans, there are a few things that you have to consider. When looking for a plan that is right for you, focus on:
- All of the costs associated with each plan– You’ll need to take into consideration not just the price of each plan’s monthly premiums, but also the deductibles, co-pays, and coinsurance that you’ll be responsible for paying out-of-pocket.
- The network– Do you have a particular doctor who you want to continue seeing? Make sure that you review each network’s plan, so you will know if your doctors are covered.
- The coverage– Each plan will cover services differently: for example, some will not cover a medical procedure or drug, while others might cover it completely. You need to determine what you need covered, as well as review the preventive care services, prescription drug formulary, and other coverage associated with each plan.
How To Switch Plans
The best way to find a plan that suits your needs is by working with a licensed agent who is familiar with all the plans in your area, and who can go over any changes to your plan, like increases to your premiums, with you. EZ offers personal agents who will compare all available plans in your area and even help you switch plans for free – they will even take care of all the little details of switching and making sure everything is all set with your new plan, like notifying your current health insurance company that you are moving on.
Our agents work with the top-rated insurance companies in the country, so they have quick and easy access to all plans in your area. They will go over your medical and financial needs, and then compare all plans, including their coverage, premiums, deductibles, and other costs associated with each plan. We will help you find an affordable plan, and maybe even lower your health insurance costs! To compare plans in your area for free, enter your zip code in the bar above, or to speak to one of our highly trained, licensed agents, call 888-350-1890.