Is money a major source of stress in your life? If you’re stressing over money, you’re not alone, especially after the Covid-19 pandemic. But money is not the only thing stressing people out: in fact, studies show that 84% of Americans feel stressed over something in their lives at least once in a typical week.
And if you’re already stressed out and anxious about money, looking for a great health insurance plan can feel a bit overwhelming – but it doesn’t have to be. EZ’s agents work with the top insurance companies in the nation, so we can take a load off your shoulders and find you an affordable plan in minutes!
Sources of Stress
Studies show that money remains Americans’ top stressor, with 32% saying money is their biggest source of stress, up 22% from last year. But money is not the only source of stress in people’s lives:
- Gen Zers and Millennials both name their boss as their biggest source of stress, while Gen Xers and Baby Boomers say their spouse or partner causes them more stress than any other person.
- 44% of Americans say the pandemic has been the most stressful time in their entire lives. This is especially true for those laid off or furloughed during the crisis (59%) and parents with kids younger than 18 (58%), as well as Gen Zers (54%) and Millennials (51%).
It’s clear that stress levels are rising for everyone, especially women: 92% of women feel stressed at least one day in a given week, up from 84% last year. And these high levels of stress can really affect people’s lives, even leading to chronic conditions like high blood pressure and depression. Studies show that stress can also cause:
- Irritability and anger in around 45% of people
- Fatigue or low energy in around 41% of people
- Anxiety, nervousness, or worry in around 36% of people
- Headaches in around 36 % of people
- Indigestion, acid reflux, or upset stomach in around 26% of people
In addition, long-term stress is often a contributing factor in many of the leading causes of death in the United States, including heart disease, cancer, lung disease, accidents, cirrhosis of the liver, and suicide.
Looking For An Affordable Plan?
All of this stress and its effects mean that we’re more in need of good insurance than ever. In fact, around 75%–90% of doctor visits in the United States are in some way related to stress. We all need to take care of ourselves right now, but if your main source of stress is money, that can feel difficult to do.
But don’t stress – EZ can help! We offer a wide range of health insurance plans from top-rated insurance companies in every state. And because we work with so many companies, and can see all of the plans available in your area, we can find you a plan that saves you a lot of money – even hundreds of dollars – even if you don’t qualify for a subsidy. There is no obligation, or hassle, just free quotes on all available plans in your area. To get free instant quotes, simply enter your zip code in the bar above, or to speak to a local agent, call 888-350-1890.