A lot of stress accompanies the joyfulness of the holidays. Stress from work, school, kids, shopping, decorating, family get togethers, and so on. We forget to take care of ourselves during the holiday season. But intimacy is a way to de-stress as studies have shown. Orgasms have many benefits, both physically and emotionally. It can reduce your blood pressure, make you glow, and help you sleep. Sex is about being nurtured and taken care of. What can be
better than feeling good, especially from something enjoyable like sex?
- Everytime we have sex, we release endorphins and oxytocin in our bodies. These are feel good hormones that help reduce stress, and depression.
- You and your partner become more intimate with each other, especially during a hectic season.
- Feeling insecure? Grab your partner and get it on. Having sex boosts your self-esteem, and confidence in the bedroom.
Our bodies release so many hormones during sex. A lot of these hormones benefit us emotionally as stated above, and physically.
- Can’t make it to the gym for a workout? Well get a quickie in instead. Sex is a great form of cardio and will help you burn anywhere from 100 to 200 calories in one session.
- Our bodies release a hormone called DHEA which boosts our immune system during sex. Having sex once or twice a week creates more antibodies that help you from catching a cold. It will also give your skin a glow. The hormone makes us look healthier, and younger. Fountain of youth? Yes please.
- Have a headache from all the never-ending errands this season? Take a dose of sex. because having sex actually
reduces a migraine. A study showed that 60% of people who had a migraine, no longer had it after sex.
- Sleep loss is normal when you are stressed out or constantly thinking about things. Instead of tossing and turning all night, jump on top of your partner! Having an orgasm releases a hormone called prolactin. This hormone is linked with deep sleep. Get it on in order to relax and sleep better.
- A study published in Biological Psychology found that having sex on a regular basis will decrease your blood pressure.
Spice It Up!
The holidays get so busy that sometimes we need a little fun to break it up. And what is more fun than sex? Take the time to get a quickie in with your partner whenever or wherever you can. It will be your little secret with your partner. Make the time you have with your partner special. Go and book a night at a hotel for some intimacy. Couples can role play, try new things, and get loud and wild if they wanted to. This is especially true for those who have children in the house.
Do not forget that communication is important with your partner, especially when it comes to sex. Talk about what pleases you and what you would like to try with them. Keep it exciting and fun. Do not be afraid to explore and try new things. De-stress from the busy holidays, focus on you, and get to the feel good stuff.