When enrolled in a Marketplace Insurance plan, it is important to make sure your household information is up to date every year. There may be benefits you are missing out on and possible consequences if you do not update.
What Changes To Report
- Changes to your income for the year, whether a raise or demotion
- Changes in health coverage: Whether someone in the household is getting job-based insurance, and/or receiving public coverage such as Medicaid, CHIP, or Medicare. Also, if someone is losing coverage that is job-based or public.
- Changes to your household or individual members: If there is a birth or adoption, placement of a child for adoption or foster care. If someone becomes pregnant, and/or getting married or divorced. Child turning 26 years old. If there is a death, gaining or losing a dependent, and if you are moving to a permanent address.
- Make sure names, date of births, and Social Security numbers are correct
- Changes in status: Such as disability status, tax filing status, change in citizenship, whether there is American Indian member, and/or incarceration or released from incarceration.
Why You Should Report The Changes
If your income goes down or you gain a household member, then you may qualify for more saving than you are currently receiving. This can lower your monthly premium payments.
The flip side is if your income goes up or you lose a household member, then you could qualify for fewer savings. If you do not report this change, it will result in owing money when you file your federal tax return.
How To Update
Who you will contact for help is dependent on whether you got your plan from the Marketplace, or from a provider such as EZ.Insure. If you got a plan from one of our agents, you can always call 855-220-1144, or email us at email@example.com to speak to your agent and update your information.
- You can report any change by updating your application online after logging into your account on Healthcare.gov. Click on your application, choose “report a life change,” and then save it when done.
- Contact a representative at the Marketplace Call Center at 1-800-318-2596. Or call your advisor at EZ.Insure.
- If you move to a different state, log onto your account in HealthCare.gov, select a new application; select the year for coverage, and the new state. Finally, choose “apply or renew” to start a new application.
- If you are switching to a job-based insurance plan, or to Medicare, make sure to cancel your current plan.
Do not forget to update your 2018 information, because it can cost you in the end when you file your federal tax return. And more importantly, you can possibly lose out on extra savings you should be receiving!
If you are looking for a new plan or have questions regarding your coverage, EZ.Insure can help. Our agents specialize in short term plans in your area and can answer any questions you have to find out if it is right for you. You will be given your own advisor who will go over different plans, and help sign you up free of charge. To start saving, enter your zip code in the bar above to get instant quotes, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 855-220-1144. We guarantee we will be able to find you a plan that is affordable and meets your needs.